Monday, July 26, 2010

Packet 1...

SENT.

Man, I can't tell you how good that feels.

I'm officially 16 packets in to my MFA, with just 4 to go. I think I'll celebrate by watching the end of "500 Days of Summer," a movie I half started to watch while doing the dishes this afternoon. (The little nine-inch TV with built-in DVD player made a pit-stop on the kitchen counter on its way to the Salvation Army... which may have actually been its salvation. I have a feeling it's not going anywhere now.)

My Packet 1 Celebration -- which is already starting in my head, complete with confetti and champagne -- is much appreciated, though it will be short-lived. Tomorrow I have to get busy on the writing I actually get paid to do and that I've been putting off as I cranked out this packet.

Thank goodness it never stops. I continue to feel so lucky to be able to do what I love to do -- no matter how crazy it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment