Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jen's World Wednesday

Welcome to a Wednesday!

Here's what you'll find in today's Post-Bulletin:

* * *

Last week, I received an e-mail message of which the subject line read, “[Fw: Fwd: Fwd: Best thing ever!]”.

Usually, I stop right there, hit delete and move on. But this message was from my fifteen-year-old niece, Alexa, who happens to be one of my favorite people in the world. I decided to give her a fair shake and open it.

It was one of those “getting to know you” question-and-answer things with a bold, highlighted introduction shouting messages like, “Don’t Spoil The Fun!” and “Send This To Everyone You Know Or You’ll Have Seven Years Bad Luck!”

I decided to play along. (Hey, the alternative was actually doing some work.) And since I count you, reader-friends, among the “everyone I know,” here you go:

Were you named after anyone? My middle name is the same as my mom’s.

When was the last time you cried? Sunday, when I watched 1,450 motorcyclists parade up to the Ronald McDonald House to make a $119,000 donation. (Crud. Now I’m going to start crying again…)

What is your favorite lunchmeat?
Cheese. (Does that count?)

If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Yes.

Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, not at all. Except right there.

Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.

Would you bungee jump? There are many adventures I’d like to try—but bungee jumping is not one of them.

What is your favorite cereal?
Cinnamon Life or Cocoa Krispies.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Nope. But when it comes time to put them back on, I always wish I had.

Do you think you are strong? Yes.

What is your favorite ice cream? Cookie dough. Unless I'm at Coldstone, and then it's definitely cake batter.

What is the first thing you notice about people? Whether they’re friendly.

Who do you miss the most?
Too many people.

What color shoes are you wearing? Green. Wait. That’s just the grass stains on my feet.

What was the last thing you ate?
Cocoa Krispies.

What are you listening to right now? The air conditioning. And wondering why it’s still on at 11:14 p.m. [Writing Jenny update: Since the writing of this column, our air conditioner has broken!]

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
If I was a crayon, I think “color” would be the least of my worries. Okay, fine. I’ll play along. I’d want to be one of those funky multi-colored crayons.

Favorite smells?
Vanilla. Buttered toast. Babies.

Do you like the person who sent this to you? Love her! (But, seriously, who’s going to write “no?”)

Hair color? Depends on the month.

Eye color? Blue-ish, gray-ish, green-ish, depending on my mood and the weather.

Do you wear contacts? Nope.

Favorite food: Cold cereal.

Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.

Last movie you watched? Shrek 4.

Summer or winter? Fall.

Hugs or kisses? Why can’t I have both?

Car or truck? Car.

Favorite sound?
My kids’ laughter.

Do you enjoy blowing bubbles? Yes—good, cheap entertainment.

Where were you born? Alexandria, MN

Do you have a special talent? I’m scrappy.

Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles. [Side note: My niece actually answered this question, “Who are the Rolling Stones?]

1 comment:

  1. Srappy. Hahahahah. What I mean to say is tht you are scrappy. But it struck me really funny.

    ReplyDelete