Friday, March 30, 2012

Bad Parenting #527

After seeing the midnight Hunger Games movie, I figured we should have a friendly little talk about violence in movies. Here's how that conversation went:

Me: Wow, that was a pretty violent movie.

Him: Yeah.

Me: How do you feel about what you saw?

Him: Fine.

Me: Did it make it easier, do you think, that you read the book? Because you knew what was coming?

Him: I don't know.

Me: Do you think you imagined it more violent or less violent?

Him: I don't know. More, maybe.

Me: Wow, that was probably the most violent movie you've ever seen.

Him: No, I saw Shaun of the Dead.

Me: What?! You did not.

Him: Yes, I did. That time you and Dad watched it downstairs I could see it through the bedroom door.

Me: What?! I thought you were sleeping.

Him: I wasn't. Remember when they tried to kill that zombie by decapitating her with record albums?

No comments:

Post a Comment