Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's 11:30 a.m. and I'm Still in my Pajamas

It's one of those days. I mean, it's not a bad day -- but it's one of those "I've got a nine-item to-do list and can't even seem to get past No. 1" days.

See, here's the deal. I have no plans today. At our "morning meeting" over breakfast this morning, the boys and I decided to axe all of our plans and veg at home.

"Veg!" said Christian when I called for the vote.

"Veg!" said Bergen.

"Wonderful!" I thought. "I'll get so much done!"

And then we cuddled up and bed and watched Let's Make a Deal.

It turns out I work best on deadline. If I had appointments today? Reasons I had to leave the house or finish a project by, say, noon? I'd be ON it. I'd be on top of it. All that.

But no. I'm still in my pajamas, e-mailing my sister and checking Facebook with a stack of papers next to me just begging to be completed or organized.

1 comment:

  1. Weehee! I just crossed No. 6 off my list. Its directive? "Blog post."

    ReplyDelete