Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Burly

Tomorrow, I'm going camping in South Dakota. In a tent. With my kiddos. And without my husband, who has to stay back here to work.

This will be the first time I'm putting our tent up by myself -- which may mean that we'll be sleeping in the car that first night. You think I'm kidding, but I actually made the kids come out to the car yesterday so we could do a test run. "Okay, everyone in," I said. "Let's see how we'd all fit if we were to sleep in the CR-V."

It more-or-less worked.

But I must have high hopes because today I made a Target run to buy an air mattress. And I'm pretty sure we won't be able to inflate it IN the car...

I've been packing all night. I'm getting close. I've packed flashlights and snacks, towels and swim suits, rain ponchos and itty bitty book lights. But I haven't packed my laptop. And I'm not going to.

The campground has wifi -- and I know myself too well. Leaving the computer at home is the only way I can guarantee that I won't succumb to Facebook -- or worse, People.com -- while sitting around the campfire.

No, this vacation is going to be nothing but kid-centricity. I'll check in with you when we return next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment