Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not-So Video Tuesday

Today's Jen's World video is so boring that I'm not going to ask you to sit through it. In an unusually long 1 minute and 11 seconds, I use far too many words to say this: This week's column is about decorating my home.

There. Now you know.

And here's a heads-up that nobody -- not my editors, not my husband, not anyone -- knows, yet. Next week's column is about a typical day at my house... including a cruel joke played on me by my husband.

In other news: I may be caught up! One thing about being a self-employed writer is that if I don't do it, my work doesn't get done. So when I take, oh, say, 10 days off to travel Greece, I have 10 days worth of work waiting when I get home.

But, yay. I think I'm back to where I was before I left -- which is still crazy busy, but in a manageable, exciting way.

And, in yet other news: I don't think I've mentioned on this blog that I've accepted a position at Rochester Magazine. It's a great mag with a fun personality and I've enjoyed freelancing for them off and on over the years. I've taken a PT assistant editor position, and I think it's going to be a great fit for me. I'll still get to do my freelance work, but at the same time will have a chance to be more heavily involved in a larger project.

For the November issue, I've written a fun little piece on returning to the "on staff" work world. I'll be sure to post it when the issue is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment