Thursday, October 14, 2010

A conversation with my husband

This will undoubtedly make it into a column at some point. But until then, I have to share a conversation I had with my husband earlier today. (In his defense, I'll tell you this: He has remembered and acknowledged our wedding date every month since we got married 14 years ago. Every month.)

Okay, so this is what I mean when I say that life provides all the material I'll ever need for my writing...

* * *

Him: When’s Hoover Fun Night?

Me: November 11.

Him: On your birthday!

Me: No…

Him: Sorry! Your birthday is December 11.

Me: Are you kidding me?

Him: November 11?

Me: Jay.

Him: I’m sorry! I’ve been in a meeting for four hours. I can’t think straight.

Me: [silence]

Him: November 7.

Me: Seriously?!

Him: When is it?

Me: I’m not telling you.

And I didn't. But he figured it out a few minutes later. Facebook might've been involved...

No comments:

Post a Comment