Saturday, May 8, 2010

New blog!

Humorist, newspaper columnist, and Algonquin Round Table member (who I'll forever envy for getting to hang out with Dorothy Parker), Robert Benchley, once wrote this: "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment."

Well then. I guess that explains why I've meant to create this blog for years, but have never gotten around to it. With all the "real work" that I find myself tied up with, fun projects like these too often take the back seat.

But no longer! Welcome to my new blog, Writing Jenny. (It's like Waltzing Matilda... except my name isn't Matilda. And I'm not waltzing.) I plan to share links to my Post-Bulletin columns, certainly, but also other writing.

In fact, let's start with a link to a Rochester Magazine article I wrote this month on my new hairdo -- and how my grandmother unwittingly played a role in its inception. (Or perhaps it was wittingly. She can be a crafty old broad.) You can find it here:

There's a Change in the Hair

Thanks for joining me here! I look forward to hearing from you.

P.S. With the launch of Writing Jenny, I've joined the world of Twitter, as well. You can follow me at JenniferKoski.

6 comments:

  1. Wait a minute... that link didn't work. Hmmm. I'll work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (In the meantime, the copy-and-paste link is: http://www.rochestermagazine.com/theres/a/change/in/the/hair/story-738.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read more entries :) I read your hairdo article the other day! Grandma's are the best at telling it like it is LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edit the post, put in the name of the article, highlight it, then click on the little link icon, and insert the link. Publish again. Done.

    Can't wait to read your blog! I started one this week too! http://chaosbykelly.blogspot.com/ It's for work, but there still might be things you might find interesting from time to time.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly! You rock! Thank you! (I already checked out your blog!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited you have a blog now! The haircut article (with functioning link) made me laugh out loud several times. I love reading your stuff!

    ReplyDelete