Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to School for the Kiddos

Backpacks packed. Snacks bagged. Alarms set. Clothes picked out -- but not without some drama. Here are two conversations I had tonight:

To the 11-year-old: You picked out your clothes? Oh, there they are. Are you sure you want to wear that old T-shirt? You don't want to wear one of your new ones? No? As long as you're sure.... It still fits? You're sure? Okay... you know, you have some nice new ones... but as long as you're sure...

To the 8-year-old: I'm sorry I gave your tie away. I thought it was too small. I'm sorry, honey, I didn't know you'd want to wear it tomorrow. Yes, I understand you want to dress up -- but maybe you can dress up without your tie? Oh, sweetie, please don't cry. I can buy you a new tie. No, I know it won't be here for the first day, but you can wear it later this week.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny that cute Bergen wanted to dress up. And the contrast between the two.... :) I just let Emi and Grant watch your video above. They were so excited to see you! Love the haircut! LaNae

    ReplyDelete