Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Had a great Mother's Day with Jay and the kiddos today. I had to make my own breakfast in bed (Cocoa Krispies, if you must know), but it was followed by a lovely afternoon bluff hike and picnic at Whitewater State Park. Such a great place. We even took pictures, but in order to post them, I'd have to wake Jay to ask him where the card reader is. And then I'd lose my Queen of the Day status pretty quickly.

Another time.

So, the highlight of the day was when the 11-year-old held my hand in the mall. (!!) And when the 9-year-old came running in the house to get his baseball glove while playing with neighbor friends, and spontaneously yelled, "Happy Mother's Day!" on his way up the stairs.

Also, when we did not fall to our deaths on those wickedly scary bluffs at Whitewater.

It's the little things.

Today, I was loved. Last week, not so much. You can read about THAT in last week's Jen's World.

No comments:

Post a Comment